One goal I set out for Modern Folklore Press is to engage in and promote the art of Fantasy and Speculative Fiction. The State of the Art series presents original essays and a digest from around the web by authors of the genre about the genre.
If genre fiction is to thrive, those who create it and consume it must be in constant conversation with it. We must examine why and how the literature exists, and why we read it.
January 2019 Digest:
- How to Make a Paper Crane – Uncanny Magazine
- Tongue tied: a Catalog of Losses – Fireside Quarterly
- Another World – Clarkesworld
- There’s a weird Sexist Problem in Fantasy – BookRiot
- How the Lord of the Rings Changed Publishing Forever – Tor.com
- 2018 WFC Award Ceremony Toastmaster Speech – Uncanny Magazine (November 2018)
- You Wake Up Monstrous – Fireside Quarterly (December 2018)