It’s been too long since I’ve collected essays on the speculative art. There were some great ones published this summer.
- Writing Through the News Cycle – Kameron Hurley at Locus
- Monsters, the Monstrous, and Reclaiming the Other by Leo Elijah Cristea at Fantasy Faction
- Sir Elsa of Tortall, Knight of the Realm by Elsa Sjunneson-Henry at Uncanny
- Beware the Lifeboat by Marissa Lingen at Uncanny
- Are You the One? Exploring the Chosen One Trope in SFF by Katy Rose Pool at Tor.com
- Winning Hugo as a Blind Person by Elsa Sjunneson-Henry at Tor.com
- Reclaiming SciFi’s history at Wired with Desirina Boskovich and others